Spacing Multiple Points

Users who are viewing this thread

mrjaybov

Reaction score
I currently have two well points spaced twenty feet apart and t'd near the center to my pump. So common math tells me each point is 10 ft away from the pump. If I wanted to add a third point, should I also make that one 10ft away or can I go a little further, say 15 feet. I want to make sure I don't hamper the flow of the other two points.

Thanks You

Speedbump

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter that much. If your going 50 feet away, that might be a slight concern. Just don't get much closer than ten feet or one will be stealing from the other.

mrjaybov

Reaction score
Thanks Speedbump,

You don't see any issue with my first first two points be 18 feet 9 inches (I measured them) away from each other do you?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Nope, none at all. The biggest problem with multiple well points is suction leaks and the location of the check valve. The slighest of air leaks can allow the water to run back down to the static leval and fill the pipe with air. Next time the pump comes on, it loses it's prime. Sometimes for good, sometimes just temporarilly. Put the check valve as close to the wells as you can. Never at the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks