Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Space, the final place to waste!

What do you do if you have too much money and not enough ways to spend it? It's simple. Launch flights into space for a quick look see of the world the rest of us dwell on. Below you can see cities, wired together by fiber optics and vast stretches of virgin land. The final Frontier of the rich and famous. And why not travel high and far away from the troubles of this world, if it's only for moments of time. It makes all those hours watching Star Trek seem noble. When did you ever encounter a discovered world on Star Trek that had actual problems like hunger and drought? Their problemes were much more interesting then that. I read today that Richard Branson is up to the challenge of space tourism. Or for those that just feel a need for speed and have the deep pockets for it.
For the rest of us mere mortals, dare I say it? The 99 percenters, it's travel as usual. It's not like I don't fly myself; it's normally on a large plane with other middle class people flying in coach.

branson_space.jpg

Richard Branson's concept

paul_allen_stratolaunch.jpg

Paul Allen's concept

So anyway, I would like to see your comments on this too.
Terry

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
They are going to build a Launch Site not to far from here in South Texas.

Get your pocket book out and go for a ride Terry.

Stop buy and I will buy you a Texas T-Bone.

Fiber Optics emits most of the light from its end, it is not likely that you will see it from space.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The fiber optics was a reference to Allen and Microsoft, connecting the cities with the Internet.
And the Virgin forests? Again a reference to Branson and Virgin Airlines.

When I visit Texas, I will be sure to drop in.

Cookie

Reaction score
If I had the money, why not spend it in space? There is so much up there we just don't understand. I would love to understand it all, who wouldn't?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks