Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/109-space-suits-broadway-costumes/

Space Suits & Broadway Costumes, the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show
Jeff interviews my neice Kari Love about her life from making costumes for Broadway and Las Vegas, and now Space Suits for the new and upcoming commercial space travel.
Kari grew up in a logging town, Aberdeen on the Pacific Coast. Her sister Cheri was a scientist in Phillidialpia, now relocated in California. Their mother, originally from Hawaii was the one in the family that taught the girls to sew. She was prolific for sure.

Kari went to school for costumes at NYU in New York. A long ways from saw mills and logging trucks. She has been living in Broolyn, NY. It looks like she is where she can be in the center of the world excitment that NY is. Way to go Kari. :)

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/109-space-suits-broadway-costumes/

kari_love_f1.jpg

Kari Love

kari_love_f2.jpg

Kari and my brother Clare standing with one of Kari's projects. Clare is a computer programmer.

The interview is about 53 minutes, and gets rolling pretty good after the first few minutes. I suppose it makes sense that Kari is making Space Suits. I remember her father making crazy inventions growing up. He even wrote to Wernher von Braun and recieved a letter back from him. I think he was twelve at the time.
Clare had a small rowboat that he put hydrofoils on and a long shank outboard and would zip around the lake, the bottom of the boat not even touching the water.

At one point in the interview, they bring up the movie Gravity and Jeff asked what Kari noticed about the space suits there. That part was good to listen to, her giving comments on the feasiblity of how Sandra got in and out of her suit.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks