Source for Corsyn Crane

Users who are viewing this thread

Angela

Reaction score
I work for a homeowner and need to source an exact replacement for an antique toilet. I wondered if anyone could refer me to a dealer (online or otherwise) that may have one. I am not a plumber and have very limited knowledge. I have just been asked to track it down. The following is the information I have if it helps:

Corsyn Crane
Twice Fired Vitreous China
marking under lid:
3 29 259

The current toilet is cracked at the base and we want to find a replacement before pulling it off to repair the seal that is leaking - in case it falls apart during the repair.

Thanks,
Angela

Achutch

Reaction score
Angela,

I have emailed you privately and sent you links to a couple of sites where antique toilets can be found.

The "Corsyn Crane" rings a bell. I thought that I saw a picture of one recently, but don't remember where, and I searched several places and couldn't find it.

I am not posting the links publicly because these are sites that I have visited (window shopping!!!), but not purchased from, and don't want to violate any rule that may be in place in this forum against posting links.

I am not a plumber, but have an interest in it, and have a working collection of antique toilets (and one state of the art TOTO which has truly proven itself to be an excellent piece of equipment).

Hope I'm able to help.

achutch

Angela

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I did not receive the e-mails yet but I look forward to reviewing them. I appreciate that you took the time to search your sources too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Achutch

Reaction score
Angela,

When you log in to the forum, look in the upper right hnd corner where you'll see "Welcome, Angela". Then click below on Private Messages. If it isn't there, I'll resend it.

achutch

Big E

Reaction score
Angela,

My name is Elmer and I have a 1929 Spanish in CA. I also have the exact same toilet you mentioned and need parts. Did you have any luck? If anyone can help me please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Big E

Reaction score
Parts

I think I need almost everything. What I have looks original. The metal is weak and breaks if moved. The flap (If that is the proper name) is only sealing about 50% of the time. I have triplets so it is getting a lot of use. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Angela

Reaction score
update

Sorry I did not update everyone earlier. I had such a hard time finding the same piece that we ended up just taking our chances and removing it without a back-up a couple weeks ago. Luckily it did not break and the plumber was able to fix the seal and it is working great. He did say it was a very tedious job and he was here much longer than expected.

As far as a suggestion, the only Crane I found in my search that I thought might be a match was just the bowl. And, the contact there never returned my inquiries. It is in New York:

http://www.demolitiondepot.com/vo/demo/inv/list.asp?t=Search

If the above link does not work - it is Demolition Depot item#11371.

Angela

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks