sounds of trickling water

Users who are viewing this thread

seahawk99ca

Reaction score
the basement has been finished and we have notice trickling water sound coming from under the laminate flooring where one of the floor drains is located.

should i be concerned this noise has never occured before

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
1st... Did you just put the flooring over the drain?
If so - what will happen if your drains back up and the sewage gets trapped under the laminate floor?

2nd... Does the drain have a trap primer?
Is there any plumbing set to drain into the drain body under the slab (condensates etc (not supposed to do this, but I have seen it...LOL

3rd... If you have a continuous source of humidity under a sealed floor (covered drain) you may very well end up with a rot/mould problem...

seahawk99ca

Reaction score
trickle

thank you for the responce

markts30 said:
1st... Did you just put the flooring over the drain?
If so - what will happen if your drains back up and the sewage gets trapped under the laminate floor?

i have a one way flap valve over that drain we installed another drain about 3 ft away to allow for the furnace/humidifier and hot water to be drained not covered

Is there any plumbing set to drain into the drain body under the slab (condensates etc (not supposed to do this, but I have seen it...LOL

we have small amount of water running in the line at all times

3rd... If you have a continuous source of humidity under a sealed floor (covered drain) you may very well end up with a rot/mould problem...

we installed a 2nd drain in the floor not covered 3 ft away i used a mirror in the line but could not see anything i just hope some of the water is not leaking out through a possible hole i would have to lift about 4 rows by 10ft long. Any suggestions on what to do? thank you

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
markts30 said:

That'd be my first guess. Did you do the laminate as part of the basement finishing project? What, if any, flooring was down before? I have laminate in my house and I could see being able to transfer the sound...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks