Something is leaking and I don't know what to call it

Users who are viewing this thread

TechCowgirl

Reaction score
I have a deep well, and on the casing at the top there is a screw-in stem-shaped thing that water is leaking out of, and it's not supposed to be coming out of there. We still have water pressure just fine and no difference in flow or general usage and functioning at all. Just this one thing is dripping, a lot. I'm not sure why it's dripping other than it's rusted the hole where it screws into the casing. I think the stem-shaped thing may be some sort of overflow valve since it originally had a length of surgical tubing attached to it and it ran out the door of the pumphouse. I will try to post a picture up later when I go out there again. We need to get the leaking stopped so once winter sets in we don't have a pumphouse full of ice and busted equipment, or a field of ice around the pumphouse door. Right now we have totally waterlogged ground between the pumphouse and the edge of the property 300ft away because it's been dripping a long time.... Does anyone know what this leaking item in question is properly called so I can goto the store and hopefully find a new one?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks