Somalis dying in world's worst famine in 20 years

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Terry, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

NAIROBI, Kenya —
    Tens of thousands of Somalis are feared dead in the world's worst famine in a generation, the U.N. said Wednesday, and the U.S. said it will allow emergency funds to be spent in areas controlled by al-Qaida-linked militants as long as the fighters do not interfere with aid distributions.
    Exhausted, rail-thin women are stumbling into refugee camps in Kenya and Ethiopia with dead babies and bleeding feet, having left weaker family members behind along the way.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2015665345_apafeastafricadrought.html
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Last I heard Iraq and Saudi Arabia were afloat in cash, so let them help their Muslim friends. No one is starving in Egypt either.

Al queda will steal the US rice and resell it at a huge profit, allowing the remainder to starve.
  3. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

:(As heartless as that makes you sound ballvalve, I believe everything you said is the truth.:(
  4. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

I never understood the Saudi elite sucking their Hookahs, while their Muslim brethren were starving and hacking each other to death in Africa.

Is that in the Koran? The Saudis could buy the ENTIRE US corn crop and a few hundred used Boeings, and do an American style Berlin airdrop in Africa.

As for water, Schramm drills in Pennsylvania will get several rigs and the french foreign legion to guard them to the camps in a week.

One ruby out of the Saudi crown would pay for the entire project. Or the cost of the Iraqi centriguge facility.

Shall one wonder what will happen if we allow Iraq to have the N-bomb? It will test MAD mutual assured destruction - with a madman.