Solvent Weld vs No Caulk

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Blaze, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I was wondering which solution would be best for my situations.

I am installing an acrylic corner shower (base and walls) from Maxx. The bathroom is on the second floor above my family room.

Should I use a solvent weld shower drain or a no-caulk shower drain, and why?

Thanks
    Mark
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

If you have access from a ceiling below, I prefer a solvent weld. If this is on a slab or otherwise does not have access, then you will need the no-caulk.
  3. Racer814

Racer814 New Member

I prefer a glue drain in either instance...just MAKE SURE you get one that you can unscrew the drain after installation in case you have a leak...then tyou can screw it out...re putty and re install...

actually this is one of the few times I might use silicone over putty.....:eek: