Solution for recycled water

Users who are viewing this thread

dorontac

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a solution for irrigation of Golf fields with recycled water. I need an automated system with things like self-cleaning system etc.
Any recommendations?

divot

Reaction score
Can you be a little more specific about what yoou are watering?
Golf Fields?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If your municipality has reclaimed water available ( as we do here in San Diego ) it is for all practical purposes ( but not legally) drinkable, and needs no special filtration. If you are suggesting to somehow use graywater, that is a whole different ball game. Graywater in general CANNOT be applied via sprinklers. Only underground feed is allowed, due health issues. The system is high maintenance, as you suggest, and this is the reason that such systems are not widely in use. Your first step is to see if your area has any provisions to allow graywater use. If they do, they will point you to the requirements.

divot

Reaction score
Jimbo,

I am very familiar with reclaimed water usage, but I am
unfamiliar with "gray water" what is (the diffrence) this?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
While Im not sure what reclaimed water is, gray water is what would come from your laundry. It would not come from a toilet or kitchen sink that may have food in it.

In my area there is no gray water reuse at all that I know of.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In San Diego, some major sewer trunks are intercepted and sent to water reclamation plants. Processing plants which were built at the cost of hundreds of millions of water. The water is processed to a standard which as I mentioned is actually drinkable, but is not treated as legally drinkable. That water is sent back out throught the PURPLE reclaimed mains, and is used for landscape watering in public right of ways, golf courses, and is available in many areas for a builder or homeowner to tie in a landscape watering system. Every exposed pipe, valve, sprinkler head, etc. is color coded purple, indicating non-potable.

Gray water is if you collect the lav sinks and tubs from your house and use that untreated. Note that KITCHEN water is considered "black" water, like the toilet.

davidkobeb

Reaction score
dorontac said:
Hello,
I'm looking for a solution for irrigation of Golf fields with recycled water. I need an automated system with things like self-cleaning system etc.
Any recommendations?

Trying to help you without getting into much details I'd recommend you to check a company named Amiad in automatic filtration or www.amiad.com . We needed a smaller service from them (than a golf field...) and it was satisfied. Good luck!

Last edited:
R

Rancher

Cass said:
In my area there is no gray water reuse at all that I know of.

In my area of the country it is now a requirement to plumb gray water separately, the home owner doesn't have to make use of it, but it must be available. (I assume they tie the two system together before the septic tank if it is not used)

Rancher

dorontac

Reaction score
davidkobeb said:
Trying to help you without getting into much details I'd recommend you to check a company named Amiad in automatic filtration or www.amiad.com . We needed a smaller service from them (than a golf field...) and it was satisfied. Good luck!

This golf field is going to be a mini-golf and I'm not sure yet about its size. Can you give some more information about the experience that you had with that company? Do you know if it works outside th USA?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
divot said:
I am very familiar with reclaimed water usage, but I am
unfamiliar with "gray water" what is (the diffrence) this?
Gray water is generally what would go to the sewer, excluding what comes from the toilet.

http://www.answers.com/topic/graywater

It is untreated. It can contain live pathogens.

Reclaimed water may have been filtered or treated to varying degrees and will usually have been disinfected. Reclaimed water is so broadly defined that you must get a full description of the process to know what it is.

dorontac

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot, the water source will be recycled water. Not sure yet what factor will supply it.

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I’m in VA and I built a house about 8 months ago. Its 4 bed 3 full baths and 2 1/2 baths. I had to do gray and black water lines. I have a septic system and I had to do 2 tanks the fist is 2500 and the second is 1000. The gray water goes in to the second tank.

With the venting you can not tie the vents until your 4 feet above the highest drain.

kanji

Reaction score
davidkobeb said:

What exactly is this automatic filtration?

halcon

Reaction score
Golf Irrigation with recycled water

It all depends on the regulations of each County for the reuse of treated water for irrigation purposes. However, once the water has been treated and disinfected either with chlorine or UV systems, sometimes the County asks you to do a terciary filtration using a sand filter or other kind of filters which might be more expensive.

Now, there is sand filters in the market that work automatically, and also small wastewater treatment plants that include the disinfection system in the price of the plant.

Hope this will help for your purpose.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks