Soldering No Lead Brass Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mathelo

Reaction score
I have a ProPex no lead 3/4" brass fitting that I'd like to solder to no lead 3/4" cast copper elbow.

Both of these pieces are heavy guage and I'm wondering if I'm just asking for trouble.

Would I be better off with a piece of copper pipe in between?

Thanks!

Jm66208

Reaction score
I turn my flame down and keep it moving, heating the joint slower than normal. Just did one tbe other day and it soldered just fine.

Daniel Collick

Still learning.
Reaction score
Website
www.bestrooterservice.com
I have a ProPex no lead 3/4" brass fitting that I'd like to solder to no lead 3/4" cast copper elbow.

Both of these pieces are heavy guage and I'm wondering if I'm just asking for trouble.

Would I be better off with a piece of copper pipe in between?

Thanks!
Dumb question but, are you using "Eco-friendly/lead free" flux paste? If not, pick some up. Should have an indicator on it somewhere stating it's for lead free brass. Hope that helps.

Mathelo

Reaction score
Dumb question but, are you using "Eco-friendly/lead free" flux paste? If not, pick some up. Should have an indicator on it somewhere stating it's for lead free brass. Hope that helps.

That's the plan. Looking to use Oatey H20 95 Tinning Flux or Nokorode Aqua Flux with Canfield Water Safe Lead-Free Solder

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks