Softener sizing and installation questions

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Rebuilding is easy but... like stated earlier, the insides can be corroded to the point that rebuilding is not a good choice. I prefer to replace them rather than rebuild. Considering the poor location, I would recommend replacing it and relocating it higher.

Reach4

Reaction score
What would you replace it with? Same thing?

Nezil

Reaction score
Yes @Reach4, I see no reason to change to another unit. At $210 it's expensive enough, and I don't think I will necessarily be in this house 10 years from now.

I sent an email to 7 of the eight home owners today explaining the problem and advising that we all fix these valves. One of the owners responded already saying that they're happy to replace theirs and pay for my time to fit it.

I'm therefore thinking of ordering one valve to start with, to replace mine. Once I've got my failed valve out, I can spend some time soaking cleaning off the corrosion and seeing if it's possible to repair. If I am able to repair it, I'll do so, and switch this with the one for my neighbour, splitting the cost of parts accordingly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks