Softener Drainage Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Brendan Weatherly

Reaction score
Hey guys, when I first bought my house, the water softener was broken. I removed it from the house. Its been 8 years and I finally got around to getting a new one.

However, I have no idea how they drained the old one. Its an old house without a floor drain. From what I've read, it looks like most people say to run it into the washer drain (which is about 15' away in a drywalled room.

What I was wondering, is that I have my condensate pump drain line from my furnace (1/2" flex pvc tube) running right above my softener which drains into the washer drain. Could I add a y fitting, like this, to that pvc tube for the softener drains? I dont know the gpm the softener drains at. Its a Kenmore 70 series.

Melkus

Reaction score
I don't see why not as long as it's not being restricted. I have a small shed outside of my house where mine is set up along with a ph tank both drain hoses run into a PVC pipe I have mounted to the wall which runs though the wall to outside and I've had no problems.

Reach4

Reaction score
I dont know the gpm the softener drains at. Its a Kenmore 70 series.
The backwash rate will be less than 3 GPM, and more likely closer to 2 GPM.

I would guess there would not be a problem, but I don't know for sure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks