soft close seat for Toto Pacifica

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Emma3, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Emma3

Emma3 New Member

I bought a Toto Pacifica from Terry about 8 years ago and put some sort of generic seat on it at the time (not sure what I was thinking -- trying to save a buck, I guess). Now I'd like to upgrade to the soft-close seat. Will the SS204 (contemporary, elongated) fit? What about the SS114? What's the difference? I know I don't want the "transitional" style since the toilet is modern.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Basically, except for a few weird toilets out there, there are only two types: round or elongated. So (nearly) any one in the same style will fit. Now, the color match and exact bowl shape may differ, but it will bolt down and be usable. So, any of the Toto seats will fit either a Toto or most others. There is at least a couple of companies that make a soft close seat, Bemis is the other one I know of, but there may be others. SOme of the Toto seats have a more dish shaped seat than others - some like it, some do not. If you're on the edge, you may want to choose one with less, or being flatter.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Pacifica is elongated.
    So the SS114, that's my first choice for this bowl.

or the SS204
  4. Emma3

Emma3 New Member

Ok, so it's just a style difference between those two? In other words, is the fit identical? Or is there a functional reason to prefer the SS114?
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014