Soft close seat for Toto Pacifica

Users who are viewing this thread

Emma3

Reaction score
I bought a Toto Pacifica from Terry about 8 years ago and put some sort of generic seat on it at the time (not sure what I was thinking -- trying to save a buck, I guess). Now I'd like to upgrade to the soft-close seat. Will the SS204 (contemporary, elongated) fit? What about the SS114? What's the difference? I know I don't want the "transitional" style since the toilet is modern.

cst804s-terrylove-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Basically, except for a few weird toilets out there, there are only two types: round or elongated. So (nearly) any one in the same style will fit. Now, the color match and exact bowl shape may differ, but it will bolt down and be usable. So, any of the Toto seats will fit either a Toto or most others. There is at least a couple of companies that make a soft close seat, Bemis is the other one I know of, but there may be others. SOme of the Toto seats have a more dish shaped seat than others - some like it, some do not. If you're on the edge, you may want to choose one with less, or being flatter.

Emma3

Reaction score
Ok, so it's just a style difference between those two? In other words, is the fit identical? Or is there a functional reason to prefer the SS114?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks