Sodium and Sulfate removal

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by themitch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. themitch

themitch New Member

Hello,

I received a well water test back and was surprised at a few findings.

The findings are:

Calcium 8.42 mg/L
    Calcium Hardness 21 mg CaCO3/L
    Magnesium 1.79 mg/L
    Sodium 150 mg/L

Alkalinity 270 mg CaCO3/L
    pH 8.46
    TDS 375 mg/L

Iron was not detected.

2 values that I did not get tested but will now get tested are chlorides and sulfate.
    I will update when I receive them.

What I would like to do is to lower the little hardness there is, lower the sodium, and once tested lower the sulfates.

What I would like have is a mixed bed system that regenerates with Potassium Chloride.

There is someone in the house on a sodium restricted diet and we would like to move away from the expense of bottled water.

Thank You,
    Brian

2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Retired
    You should get a total hardness test instead of having to convert calcium and magnesium into total hardness.

Based on that water test, you don't need a softener. You should buy an under counter RO to reduce sodium etc..

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement