Sodium and Sulfate removal

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by themitch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. themitch

themitch New Member

Hello,

I received a well water test back and was surprised at a few findings.

The findings are:

Calcium 8.42 mg/L
    Calcium Hardness 21 mg CaCO3/L
    Magnesium 1.79 mg/L
    Sodium 150 mg/L

Alkalinity 270 mg CaCO3/L
    pH 8.46
    TDS 375 mg/L

Iron was not detected.

2 values that I did not get tested but will now get tested are chlorides and sulfate.
    I will update when I receive them.

What I would like to do is to lower the little hardness there is, lower the sodium, and once tested lower the sulfates.

What I would like have is a mixed bed system that regenerates with Potassium Chloride.

There is someone in the house on a sodium restricted diet and we would like to move away from the expense of bottled water.

Thank You,
    Brian
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

You should get a total hardness test instead of having to convert calcium and magnesium into total hardness.

Based on that water test, you don't need a softener. You should buy an under counter RO to reduce sodium etc..