Soaker tub install

Users who are viewing this thread

damb

Reaction score
I doing a bathroom reno and would like to install a deeper tub. The tub i want to install required 45lbs/sq ft of Live load. I know that most houses are designed with an avg. of 40/sq ft and that because my tub is right beside the load bearing wall I shoulf be ok. However when I was doing some renos on the main floor I noticed that for some reason (I think because of no load bearing at the stairs) The is a 28"-30" space with no joist.I have done the calcs for a standard 2x8 SPF for 40lbs/sq ft and the max span is 12'-8" and for 50sq ft is 11'-5", but I don't know about the lager space. Does that beam make up for the space? I have attached a sketch to explain.

Attachments

• bathroom.JPG
    bathroom.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 270
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks