Snaking trailer plumbing

Discussion in 'Drain Cleaning' started by Mad Plumber, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

What do I do about trailor plumbing. I put a snake down 25 feet by hand did not undo the clog. I tried one of those hose water ones to clear the clog. but the clog or pipe stops about 5 feet down. are the pipes under the trailor horizontal is that why the hose one doesnt work. what should I do.

Ann W.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I would call a pro!
    I'm guessing that the drain is the kitchen sink line and it would run back to the bathroom area in the center to the rear of the trailer. 25' is not long enough. A pro will have a snake that is long enough to do the job.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Not only is the length an issue, but over time the kitchen drain lines in a trailer have a tendency to sag and even if you un clog it this time it will just return. Someone will need to crawl under there and re hang it.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

They are no doubt a miserable drain to clear. A long flat run with almost no pitch and a high likelyhood of the sag that NH Master spoke of...
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

Very often the internal drain lines run above the floor under bench seats.
  6. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Very very often Cats have used the underside of the trailer as one gigantic litter box :D
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Or find this guy has made a home...

[​IMG]
  8. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Or worse yet...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  9. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

All of the previous answers to your question are valid, but I'd add one more to the list. In my opinion, it would be money well spent to call a professional who has the size auger to really clear the line. Hand-held snakes are too small and not very effective on many clogs. DIY plumbers who have come to this forum for similar advise are frequently warned of the dangers involved of trying to use a professionally-sized auger as well as the futility of using chemicals. There are times to DIY, and times to call in the pros. This is one for the pros.