Smoke alarms...interconnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Anyone have a definitive answer to this: can you interconnect smoke alarms of different brands? Naturally the manufacturers won't commit to working with another brand. What I am wondering is...is there a "de-facto" interconnect signal standard? I am not talking anything old..just currently produced models

Would it apply to combo co/smokes....because the alarm signal is different. For example, BRK makes a strobe, and when interconnected to a combo, it somehow knows whether the alarm is smoke or CO, and blinks differently.

Thanks

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I have tried to interconnect different makes in rental property but never had anything but problems trying to do so. I will admit that I haven’t tried doing this for several years so I am not sure what today’s market has to offer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks