small tub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by T_Hartigan, Jun 7, 2008.

1. T_Hartigan

T_Hartigan New Member

Looking for small tub for kids bathroom to replace shower.

Need something small than 46" length, but smallest I can find is 48" Kohler.

Anyone know of any manufactures.

Thanks.

Tim
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

These are not really popular items as the period of need is so short. The young ones grow up rapidly then that small tub turns into a shower that is a pain to get in and out of, with no chance of being used as a tub because it is so small. I would recommend either remodeling to include a full size tub, or, bathing the young ones in a sparate bath... Its only for a couple of years... Really!
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

It is a rhetorical question. Should the manufacturer design and set up a production one for a 46" tub which he might sell 1 every 30 years or so, or a 48" tub which will be only slightly more popular but at least would be modular with most construction. They only make things that they can sell, and either don't make or stop making less popular models. The 48" tub could be a candidate for a museum if production costs are more than the profits from them.