small but good quality toilet - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by kavita, Jan 15, 2005.

1. kavita

kavita New Member

good day folks,

i'm looking for a lower-profile toilet (smaller-than-average overall size) for an attic bathroom with angled ceilings and small overall footprint.

i'd like to know your suggestions for a good quality but smaller-area friendly toilet.

i'd prefer a round-bowl, but if the size and price are right, an elongated would suffice.

i really appreciate your help.

best, kavita
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

Since your requirements are not the "normal" ones, you will find few companies that would produce such a limited demand unit. There are specialty manufacturers that might have such an item, and some mobile home supply stores could also feature such a toilet.
  3. kavita

kavita New Member

smaller profile ... but still standard plumbing ...

hi and thanks for your note -

i wasn't clear, i think ... i'm looking for a toilet with a smaller overall profile, generally speaking, but not anything that's off-the-charts small.

perhaps a lower tank height, or less-wide tank (though i'm not bankrolled for $5,000 Toto with NO tank on terry's good-toilet list!), or any kind of space-saving toilet anyone could suggest.

many thanks again, kavita
  4. Deb

Deb Plumber

Deb

Is a corner toilet an option? Eljer makes one that I have had no complaints with. I had a customer that was so happy with his first corner Eljer that when he built an addition, he had the bathroom designed to accomodate another one.
    Deb
    The Pipewench
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  6. kavita

kavita New Member

thanks so much

thanks deb and terry -

deb - that corner toilet is indeed the sweetest fixture (yes, i know, it's a toilet but i think it's very cool looking) and if i wasn't dealing with attic ceilings (slanted roof line, no head room, no corner fixtures feasible) i'd go for it. thanks for bringing it to my attention for future possibilities elsewhere!

terry - this toilet seems perfect! i appreciate your suggestion.

cheers, kavita
  7. kavita

kavita New Member

supreme update

just wanted to say thanks again for recommending the toto supreme. finally got around to ordering it and our wonderful plumber got it in short time. it's the perfect size for this application. not quite ready to connect it yet so can't comment on use, but the very small tank size and overall design are great.