Small Bathroom Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Maint Dog

Reaction score
1) I'm a DIY and could use some advise; I installed (approximately 15 sq. ft.) of 6 x 6 ceramic tiles on my shower ceiling over dry wall with painted stucco on it? I'm afraid that the tile will fall out or collect moisture.

I didn't tape the seams of my Hardibacker before installing 12 x 12 porcelain floor tiles on my shower walls. I used MAPEI Polymer-Modified Mortar for the walls and spread it on pretty thick and pushed it through the seams. Could I be looking at possible trouble down the road?

2) While in the basement I notice that 3" x 5" hole where the pan liner is showing through the sub floor, and there is a 1/2" lip along the shower curb were the sub floor is uneven. Should I fix this before laying down mortar and I didn't put in a pre-slope before installing the pan liner, do I need to fix this as well?!

3) I removed the copper lines and installed PEX lines in the shower, so far no leaks. I have high pressure in my neighbor hood would it be in my best interest to install a pressure reducing valve.

Not really sure about this procedure just what I have researched on the internet. I am so frustrated with this project, its difficult knowing what to do especially for a first timer.I'm not a expert subject matter so any advice would be helpful, thank you.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks