Small bathroom DWV

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Fubar411, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

This is my 2nd floor bath. I'm hoping to do the following, but I wasn't sure if this fitting can be used. It is the 90 3x3x2 with the 2 coming in on the corner. Plumbing.jpg

All fixtures are within 3 or 4 feet of each other. Thanks!

Here is a nice link to Bert Polk's plumbing tips
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  2. kreemoweet

kreemoweet New Member

I quote from my copy of the Uniform Plumbing Code: "No ... side inlet quarter bend ... shall be
    used as a drainage fitting ..."
  3. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

Now where is the fun in that? Do they make WYEs that have a street bend type ending at the base? This is going to be tight.

Thank you for your reply!
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Actually, in the vertical position it can indeed be used that way under everybody's code.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The inlet does NOT have a sweep, which would make it illegal under most codes, and since the shower does NOT have a vent, and it does not make any difference how CLOSE It is to another fixture.
  6. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

I have a vent for the shower already, sorry it wasn't pictured. So if I WYE between the toilet and the drain it should be ok? Just abandon the 90 with the side inlet?

Thanks!
    -Rob
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Yes, and they DO make street 'Y"s.