Small bathroom DWV

Users who are viewing this thread

Fubar411

Reaction score
This is my 2nd floor bath. I'm hoping to do the following, but I wasn't sure if this fitting can be used. It is the 90 3x3x2 with the 2 coming in on the corner. Plumbing.jpg

All fixtures are within 3 or 4 feet of each other. Thanks!

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
I quote from my copy of the Uniform Plumbing Code: "No ... side inlet quarter bend ... shall be
used as a drainage fitting ..."

Fubar411

Reaction score
Now where is the fun in that? Do they make WYEs that have a street bend type ending at the base? This is going to be tight.

Thank you for your reply!

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Actually, in the vertical position it can indeed be used that way under everybody's code.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The inlet does NOT have a sweep, which would make it illegal under most codes, and since the shower does NOT have a vent, and it does not make any difference how CLOSE It is to another fixture.

Fubar411

Reaction score
I have a vent for the shower already, sorry it wasn't pictured. So if I WYE between the toilet and the drain it should be ok? Just abandon the 90 with the side inlet?

Thanks!
-Rob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks