Slow Shower Drain - Not Clogged, Just Slow

Users who are viewing this thread

slynchy

Reaction score
I have a slow shower drain - after a minute of the shower running there is a few inches of standing water. I had the drain snaked and there was no blockage. The drain is wide open but it just drains exceptionally slow. The toilet flushes fine so I don't think it's a venting issue. What else can I do to fix it? Would a low-flow showerhead help? Would that help reduce the water volume so there would be less water draining? If so, any product recommendations? Other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All new showerheads are limited to 2.5gpm. If you have an old one, it could be quite a bit more. That being said, it still shouldn't back up. A vent doesn't affect the draining much, it is to prevent siphoning adjacent drains dry because the displaced air has no place to go.

The slope of the drain line may not be correct, or they may not have done a good job snaking the line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks