slow flush??

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by daves, Nov 2, 2004.

1. daves

daves New Member

I put a toilet in a friend's house about 6 months ago. It was the first time a toilet had been installed in this particular area (laundry/utility area) in about 25 years. The toilet worked great...that is until about 1 month ago. The toilet starts to flush o.k., then it looses steam. It actually slows down and appears as if it just swirls around. Then after a few moments the water slowly evacuates from the bowl. Where should I start???
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sounds like you have a clog in the drain line. You probably suspected that. Not sure of the best approach. A pro will pop up soon...doubt a plunger will help, but it might - wouldn't hurt to try.
  3. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Check tank

While I agree with Jim that it is most likely a clog it can also be a tank adjustment. The water level may be too low, the flapper may have become worn and need replaced and others. This is also the first sign of the sewer main becoming clogged.