Slow flush??

Users who are viewing this thread

daves

Reaction score
I put a toilet in a friend's house about 6 months ago. It was the first time a toilet had been installed in this particular area (laundry/utility area) in about 25 years. The toilet worked great...that is until about 1 month ago. The toilet starts to flush o.k., then it looses steam. It actually slows down and appears as if it just swirls around. Then after a few moments the water slowly evacuates from the bowl. Where should I start???

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a clog in the drain line. You probably suspected that. Not sure of the best approach. A pro will pop up soon...doubt a plunger will help, but it might - wouldn't hurt to try.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Check tank

While I agree with Jim that it is most likely a clog it can also be a tank adjustment. The water level may be too low, the flapper may have become worn and need replaced and others. This is also the first sign of the sewer main becoming clogged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks