Slow Computer Today

Discussion in 'Computers and Stuff' started by Verdeboy, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

My computer was running very slowly today, but only on this forum. Was there an exceptionally large amount of traffic today or is there something else going on?
  2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

I have not had any problems on this forum. Hope your system is ok.
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

It's working fine now. Don't know what was going on earlier. But, as I mentioned, it was only T-Lo's website that was affected.
  4. tinner666

tinner666 New Member

It's often an issue with where your service happens to be routing you at the time. No necessarily your service, but issues on some line somewhere. A down junction box can mess things up.
  5. Rancher

Rancher Guest

Junction box?

That's a very technical term for the internet, you sure it wasn't the thingie attached to the whatyamacallit.

Rancher
  6. Cass

Cass Plumber

The servers are being worked on, it should be returning to normal in the near future.
  7. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

I also had problems yesterday getting the Forum to load into my browser. And it was very slow at times also.

Of course, that's not the only thing that's slow, it's practically everything I own when I'm in a hurry.

bob...
  8. CHH

CHH New Member

Naw, it couldn't be that. It had to be the 'slagit that plugs into the gozonda. Those things are always going down.:)
  9. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Any idea when? It's been slow and erratic for a few days now.
  10. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I'm waiting for it to speed up too.
    I better call tomorrow and find out why things are boggin down.
  11. construct30

construct30 New Member

I'm glad to hear its not just me, a guy could get paranoid and think the site don't like me. I think I might be addicted to the site, at least that's what my wife says.
  12. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

They say I'm addicted too.

7pm through 3am Pacific Time), your server will experience intermittent downtimes as we transition hardware to our new, primary, state-of-the-art data center.

Though this maintenance window is a full 8-hour period, your server will certainly not be down that whole time and will only experience intermittent downtimes, although one will be for approximately 90 minutes.
    However, it’s best to expect limited access to your server during this period.

Once your server has been fully relocated you can experience a higher level of service due to a better facility and more diversified group of bandwidth providers.