Sloan flushmate won't stop running

Users who are viewing this thread

Timxxl

Reaction score
I have a sloan flushmate m-101526-f that I've been working on, and it won't stop running.

The bowl is pretty much full, but again, the pressurization tank never stops running. I've dismantled the entire thing and it looks clean.

What are some other troubleshooting tips ? I really don't want to spend $100+ to buy a new one!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
You don't say whether this is a new install or one that's been in service and recently developed the "run-on" problem. Age, time in service, rod/handle interface,water conditions, chemical exposure, etc. can all play a role in the performance.

You can view some troubleshooting videos at http://howto.flushmate.com and view or download service manuals for your specific model at http://www.flushmate.com/DocumentLibrary/.

For best results, you may want to jot down the serial number of the Flushmate and call tech support (the toll-free number is on the serial number label) for additional information and assistance.

Hope this helps.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I fixed one this weekend. The first step besides looking up the Flushmate site and looking at their video and instruction manuals, it to maker sure you have a clean screen where the water supply enters the tank. If it's a 1.4 gallon, there may also be a restrictor beyond that.

Scott has the links listed above.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The normal repair is to replace the flush cartridge. It will cost you about $30 to $40. ( DO NOT buy a generic...get a genuine Sloan). When replacing the cartridge if it doesn't stop, you can screw the cartridge in or out one thread at a time, until it works right.

Timxxl

Reaction score
Thanks all. Have watched the videos and will try to apply the tips asap (it's at a home I'm renting so I may not get there till this weekend).

By the way, it is not a new install. It just recently started have problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks