Slight sewer leak

Users who are viewing this thread

mneal

Reaction score
Long story short, we are putting an in-ground pool in and they took the sewer line from the house to the main last week. I was wide open busy with work and didn't have the time energy to mess with it so I hired a plumber to re-route it. House was built in 50s and they used an "orange-berg" pipe that is not so good they say so I had him replace everything from cast iron clean-out to the main. All was happy until we did laundry Saturday am. Turns out that side of house has separate line an a "Y" and we tapped into the house upstream. He could not work on it until Monday-Tuesday so I dug it up and added a Y to his new PVC main. Somehow I have a very slight leak at a connection of PVC to PVC. How I did that ...who knows I thought PVC glue was fool proof. Anyhow it has 1 drip every couple minutes under max water usage, just damp really. Somebody told me who cares no pressure = no problem but in about 2 weeks it will under a concrete pool deck so I don't want any issues in the future. Should I dig more up and cut all the joints apart....it is at the 45 degree "Y" so every pipe needs cut. They say moister = roots but it is about to under a slab so....no roots? Advice from those who know about 1000 times more than me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks