Slight leak under kitchen cabinets and dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

lorios

Reaction score
Recently, I discovered my kitchen sink had a slow drain and water would start filling up both sides. If I would turn on the garbage disposal, all of the water from the garbage disposal side would fill into the other sink. I used a plunger to try to unclog the pipes. This happened a few times. The last time I used the plunger and turned on the garbage disposal, the water from the sink backed up into the dishwasher and there is a leak under the dishwasher and kitchen cabinets. There is no longer water backed up in the dishwasher, but there is still a leak under the dishwasher and cabinets. I have to turn the water off under the sink to stop the leak. Can anyone offer any advice on how to locate the leak and repair it?

Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Lets call in a pro to get that line snaked clear before we worry about any leaks, he may take care of whatever is leaking for you as well as part of cleaning the line. I frequently take care of minor leaks when I clean a line...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yep, the last plumber that came to my house also left with less flux, solder, sandpaper, pipe and fittings than he had arrived with after a very kind donation. You'd be surprised at the freebies you can get from plumbers. A close second come HVAC guys. I got a free thermostat install from my last visit.

Especially if they turn up late, then they are putty in your hands. And two-thirds in this great country do.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hey I'm never late... It's my dispatchers fault! When I'm given the job I go!

If it is a minor repair such at tightening a slip joint nut, replacing a slip joint washer or replacing a p-trap that I had to take off any way you got it! I'd just charge for the parts used. Start wanting more than that and your checkbook balance will be affected...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks