Sleeving copper water main

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Seattle38, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Seattle38

Seattle38 New Member

Ok, installing 1 inch type L soft for a new service line between the meter and the house. I want to sleeve the line in something to protect it from roots and rocks. I can't do rigid PVC because it's not a straight shot.

Would corrugated flexible plastic drain pipe work ok?

I read something somewhere about reactivity between copper and this type of pipe. If not, this would work best due to its flexibility.

Thanks!
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Get a roll of PVC. Not the ridged kind used for irrigation lines. This will follow the bends in the trench and be a lot cheaper.
  3. Inspektor Ludwig

Inspektor Ludwig Journeyman/Inspector

Get some Poly, see people use it all the time, works great.