Case 3000 sleeve available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Richv

Reaction score
the sleeve in the drain behind my Case 3000 (55 yr old) water closet leaks.
This is the second time in five years it happened.

Is a replacement available for the sleeve that wouldn't require replumbing the drain?

Would replacing the entire water closet be wise? The brass valves and internal parts are worn also.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

richv said:
the sleeve in the drain behind my Case 3000 (55 yr old) water closet leaks.
This is the second time in five years it happened.

Is a replacement available for the sleeve that wouldn't require replumbing the drain?

Would replacing the entire water closet be wise? The brass valves and internal parts are worn also.

The leak is probably the gasket seal. You may have used a regular wax ring which is not designed for that purpose. You need a wax ring, for a "wall hung" toilet, which has a "felt" ring insert.

Why would you replace the best toilet that was ever made? Besides being a bad idea, you would have a major remodel project, and wind up with an inferior toilet.

All parts for the toilet's inside are available at your local Briggs Plumbing Fixture dealer.

Richv

Reaction score
Thanks for the information hj.
I'll locate the Briggs outlet nearest to South Bend, IN.
But, the ring was neoprene. A hole developed in the copper drain insert behind the toilet twice already. I fear it will only happen again. I would like to replace it; but local plumbing suppliers in South Bend, IN say it's not available.

Richv

Reaction score
I have had a trustworthy remodeler replace all the $220 plumbing parts in the CASE 50. He also braised the bell-shaped reducer behind the toilet to stop it leaking. Worked fine until today. It really needs a new copper bell reducer to fit the toilet to the drain. Have not been able to find one anywhere. I'll order from anywhere and pay shipping. But, where?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks