sleeve available?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by richv, Jun 21, 2005.

1. richv

richv New Member

the sleeve in the drain behind my Case 3000 (55 yr old) water closet leaks.
    This is the second time in five years it happened.

Is a replacement available for the sleeve that wouldn't require replumbing the drain?

Would replacing the entire water closet be wise? The brass valves and internal parts are worn also.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

The leak is probably the gasket seal. You may have used a regular wax ring which is not designed for that purpose. You need a wax ring, for a "wall hung" toilet, which has a "felt" ring insert.

Why would you replace the best toilet that was ever made? Besides being a bad idea, you would have a major remodel project, and wind up with an inferior toilet.

All parts for the toilet's inside are available at your local Briggs Plumbing Fixture dealer.
  3. richv

richv New Member

Thanks for the information hj.
    I'll locate the Briggs outlet nearest to South Bend, IN.
    But, the ring was neoprene. A hole developed in the copper drain insert behind the toilet twice already. I fear it will only happen again. I would like to replace it; but local plumbing suppliers in South Bend, IN say it's not available.