Slantfin boiler with Amtrol Boilermate no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

raymodj

Reaction score
I have an Amtrol Boilermate indirect fired water heater with Victory VSPH-90 boiler. Our problem is no hot water, ice cold. When I looked in the boiler, the "thermostat/circ." LED was clicking off and on. The boiler would briefly power up and make the usual power up sound, but then stop and try over and over again. The longest it ran was about 5 seconds, but usually only a second or less. I turned off the Amtrol and then the boiler worked fine. Heats the house no problem. I THINK the Amtrol has a zone valve. Looking inside I see a motor stamped "Synchron". Really not sure what to check based on what I see.

raymodj

Reaction score
Wound up replacing the zone valve and the Amtrol works again. Amtrol recommends a circ pump, not sure why "Team Mechanical" went with the zone valve. Cheaper? Easier? It only made it 8 years, is that about the average lifespan?

This is my first house and I sure have learned a lot the last 8 years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks