Slab floor drain leak

Users who are viewing this thread

chas22

Reaction score
I had a drain leak in some 2-inch cast iron in a slab floor. The plumbers came out and jack hammered the floor out, did the repair and now I'm waiting for the inspector to come out and check the work. My part of this consists of putting dirt back in the hole and replacing the concrete, some carpet and tile. My question is should I just use some sand mix type of concrete and do I need to do any special prep before pouring the concrete.

chas22

Reaction score
No answers on the concrete? I have some extra time. Inspector came out and red tagged it. Plumbers have to return, repair and call an inspection again.
Glad I’m replacing my own carpet and tile.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If there is a vapor barrier under the slab, you need to restore that as best as possible. Fill the hole back with the original dirt,if it is rock-free. I would use a concrete primer on the edges of the existing slab to get a good bond with the patch. I would then fill the hole with concrete mix ( has sand, and rocks , in the mix) not just mortar ( portland + sand). If you have never done any concrete work, do a little reading on how to screed and float the concrete.

chas22

Reaction score
The red tag said, NO fall on drain line. He said it was about 1/8 inch back the wrong direction. Yes my dirt is a sandy topsoil with no rocks. I live close to the Arkansas River and are surrounded by sod farms and a sand plant, pretty good soil.
Thanks for all the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks