Skirted corner tank toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Peggy Burgus

Reaction score
‘Turns out, researching the purchase of a toilet is ridiculously challenging. When I started thinking about redoing the very small bathroom in my 1953 house, I saw pics of just what would work well for me. I particularly liked the simple to clean shape of a “skirted” bowl (not showing the shape of the trap on the outside of the porcelain) and the angled set of a corner tank would get the toilet away from being so absurdly close to the wall as it is now, without modification of the existing plumbing.

Getting to the point of actually shopping for the item, I have learned that these lovely/functional toilets are available in Europe, Singapore, Japan, the United Arab Emirates – just about EVERYWHERE but the U.S.

There are skirted toilets readily available (at Home Despot, Lowe’s, plumbing supply stores), and there are corner tank toilets readily available – but not a single U.S. version that combines those features. Now, I am trying to locate a toilet that would accept a corner tank mounted on a skirted bowl/body.

Here in America - especially while there is so much chatter about tiny house living - we should be able to get the best of all options.

I am completely convinced that, after I cobble together some solution this year, the sort of thing I want is going to become universally available in short order. I predict walking through Lowe’s in two years and seeing a skirted corner tank toilet.

Let me know if you come across it before I do.

Fortunately, sink and tile selection is going better…………

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Putting a corner toilet next to a vanity is a very tight fit.
Codes like to see a 30" space for the toilets, taking into acount the shoulders and arms of a person. It's rare that a corner toilet would ever be an improvement for space.
On Mercer Island, I installed a corner toilet near a pedestal lav, and it was difficult to not hit your head on the basin while sitting.

Peggy Burgus

Reaction score
Putting a corner toilet next to a vanity is a very tight fit.
Codes like to see a 30" space for the toilets, taking into acount the shoulders and arms of a person. It's rare that a corner toilet would ever be an improvement for space.
On Mercer Island, I installed a corner toilet near a pedestal lav, and it was difficult to not hit your head on the basin while sitting.
The current toilet is so close to the wall that we all have to lean left to reach paper roll on the right. The entire floor space of the bathroom (outside the tub) is 5'x5'. Turning the toilet with a triangle tank so it faces into the room at 45 degrees will get us more space - by far. I'm swapping out the pedestal lav for a wall-hung - but there is still only going to be a small room to work with, hence the removal of the tub and creation of an accessible "wet room" shower I want/desire/must have a skirted corner toilet - but they are just not sold here currently...........

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Five feet is 60", divide by two and you have your 30". The toilet should have been no less than 15" from center to wall.

corner-toilet-spacing.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks