Sketch of Bathroom Project

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by billl, Feb 8, 2008.

1. billl

billl New Member

Attached is a sketch of the basement bathroom I'm adding.

The 3" drain at the bottom of the sketch connects to the old 4" cast iron a ways to the right. From the left it picks up a half bath one floor above this bathroom. The drain between the sink and 2" shower branch would be partly in the wall. All other 'green' drain lines will be under the floor.

1) Is it necessary to run the relief vent at the toilet or can I rely on the sink vent?

2) Same question for the shower drain/trap. Can I skip the vent and let it wet vent up to the sink and then dry vent all the way through the roof?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008