Sizing on fleck 5600 softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Dwdesign, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dwdesign

Dwdesign New Member

I am replacing my waterboss big boss and thinking to get a fleck 5600. There are 2 people in our house and our water tests 11 hardness, iron is 1.5, ph 7 . I have 3/4 pipe going into and out of the waterboss with quick disconnect hose . I need to know sizing recommendations and where would be the best web seller to purchase from. I'm going to try to do the install myself so I will probably need support from the seller.

2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Sounds like you are on the right track. I would recommend regular cleaning of the resin if you are not going to remove the iron before the softener. PM sent.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Owner of SWS Systems WWW.SWSSYSTEM.COM
    From what you posted, a 1 CF softener should take care of your needs. If you have body sprayers or several bathrooms, you may need a bigger system.