Sizing on fleck 5600 softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Dwdesign, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dwdesign

Dwdesign New Member

I am replacing my waterboss big boss and thinking to get a fleck 5600. There are 2 people in our house and our water tests 11 hardness, iron is 1.5, ph 7 . I have 3/4 pipe going into and out of the waterboss with quick disconnect hose . I need to know sizing recommendations and where would be the best web seller to purchase from. I'm going to try to do the install myself so I will probably need support from the seller.
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Sounds like you are on the right track. I would recommend regular cleaning of the resin if you are not going to remove the iron before the softener. PM sent.
  3. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

From what you posted, a 1 CF softener should take care of your needs. If you have body sprayers or several bathrooms, you may need a bigger system.