Size of drain pipe for high performance shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Asktom

Reaction score
"algore..."

It isn't about politics, it is about water. We are talking the arid West here, water is a big deal. A couple weeks ago, several miles down the valley from me, a fellow smashed his neighbor's face with a shovel when he caught him opening his headgate an hour early. Given the demographics of my county, I would bet dollars to dognuts that neither of those ranchers ever voted for Gore. They do, however, understand the value of water.

Meanwhile....

Getting the shower drain right is your plumber's problem. I suspect he knows you are going to check his work and aims to please you.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Best shower drain box for concrete is a rubbermaid storage container, upside down. Just cut if flush with the concrete when the concrete dries.

Nofears67

Reaction score
Fortunately I'm on a private well that has plenty of water in it with very few neighbors around that draw from the same aquifer. This is the only way I could afford (litterally) to build a home with the types of showers and as much slope landscaping that we will have to irrigate (~ 60K sq ft).

If I was on City water I would be broke after the first summer with the tiered rates that are now in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks