size hole for single hole faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bobbieK, Apr 13, 2009.

1. bobbieK

bobbieK New Member

I am installing a vessel sink faucet in a new counter top. I have the spec sheet for the faucet and i does not indicate what size hole to drill. I phoned the company and they said they do not recommend a size, and that my installer will be able to tell from the spec sheet. Unfortunately, i am the installer and i have no idea how to tell from the spec sheet. I hope the link below works.
    thanks in advance for any help

http://www.*********.com/catalog/pdfImages/1a/1a2bbe3b-b4d8-4090-90cd-7dc7904177a1.pdf
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Most faucets call for a 1-3/8" diameter hole. Safest thing to do (if you have the faucet), is to drill a hole that size in a piece of scrap and see if it fits well, covers the hole with the body, and you can anchor it properly. Adjust, if required, and then drill the counter.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Evidently you were linking to a sales link the forum filter doesn't like.
    I would say that checking on the manufacturers website should yield the installation information you need.

Jadnashua is correct that is the common size used.
  4. bobbieK

bobbieK New Member

thanks!

I will use the "drill a hole in a scrap" method :) great idea, wish i thought of that.

I was unable to get the information from the manufacturer on the phone or on their spec sheets from the website. I guess not all manufacturers are created equal.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

That is correct.
    I personally like Delta and Moen...
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

A vesel sink faucet would not have a pop up drain rod, so you should be able to measure the shank and drill a hole the proper size.