Size a faucet to the room size?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chrisexv6, Oct 6, 2008.

1. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Beginning plans to remodel our guest bathroom. Its fairly small, only about 8'x10'. Wife wants a faucet with separate handles (she doesnt like cleaning the nooks and crannies of a centerset).

Would an 8" widespread look funny in a small bathroom? Sure Ive seen them all installed at Home Depot, Lowes, etc but my bathroom isnt a warehouse :) so I cant get an exact feel for how it would look. We would be getting a new sink also, so I would just get one that is compatible with a widespread faucet.

FWIW there is a 30" wide vanity installed currently, to get an idea of size. We would go with that same size just to keep the room as open as possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. sjsmithjr

sjsmithjr In the Trades

Dec 12, 2005
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    An 8'x10' bathroom is hardly small. It'll look fine; I've had them in 5x8 bathrooms before. Besides, I thought most three hole centersput widespreads could be set up as narrow as 6-inch center to center for the handles.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement