Size a faucet to the room size?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chrisexv6, Oct 6, 2008.

1. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 New Member

Beginning plans to remodel our guest bathroom. Its fairly small, only about 8'x10'. Wife wants a faucet with separate handles (she doesnt like cleaning the nooks and crannies of a centerset).

Would an 8" widespread look funny in a small bathroom? Sure Ive seen them all installed at Home Depot, Lowes, etc but my bathroom isnt a warehouse :) so I cant get an exact feel for how it would look. We would be getting a new sink also, so I would just get one that is compatible with a widespread faucet.

FWIW there is a 30" wide vanity installed currently, to get an idea of size. We would go with that same size just to keep the room as open as possible.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
  2. sjsmithjr

sjsmithjr Geologist

An 8'x10' bathroom is hardly small. It'll look fine; I've had them in 5x8 bathrooms before. Besides, I thought most three hole centersput widespreads could be set up as narrow as 6-inch center to center for the handles.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008