Six Flaggs

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Have you heard what happened? In Kentucky. My God.
What would had caused those cables to snap?
Where were the inspections, or inspectors?
I hate those places.

Cookie

Reaction score
Wonder if it goes back to the design work. Maybe, someone's calculations were off.

HandyAndy

General Contractor, Farmer
Reaction score
all it would take is a bearing to seize up and not be noticed on a pulley or shaft, and wear the cables,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cables

Cables, and other mechanical devices, do not always appear to be worn, even if they are almost at the point of failure. That is one reason airplanes crash. I just wonder if they had to sign a waiver like many "thrill rides", such as bungy jumping, do.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
There's a website dedicated to amusement park accidents. I know a owner of amusement park rides and he states that there are so many overlooked situations between broken welds and wore out equipment that it is no surprise to him to not hear more.

No money will erase the trauma that girl experienced. Sucks to go to an amusement park and leave with no feet.

Cookie

Reaction score
My son and I were just talking about that ride today on the ride to camp. He didn't mention having to sign anything but I didn't think of asking either. Yes it does Rugged sucks big time and you are so right about the money. Those cables are as wide as a car.

Boo

Reaction score
One can sign a waiver for just about anything, but courts are generally reluctant to enforce waivers of liability - particularly when one party is negligent (and especially grossly negligent!). Having a cable snap and amputate your feet is not really foreseeable as opposed to becoming dizzy and falling down after riding the teacups. Makes you think twice about the safety of rides at even well-known amusement parks. Poor girl!

Backglass

Reaction score
In case you hadn't heard of the story: HERE IS THE LINK

This quote from THIS FAMILY STATEMENT is equally disturbing: "In a statement, her family thanked everyone for their thoughts and prayers. They also said Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom has not contacted them about the accident."

Nice.

Last edited:

Boo

Reaction score
I'm guessing there has been no contact with the family on the advice of Six Flag's attorneys since there surely will be a lawsuit!

On another note: so sorry to see the previous elec forum threads were maliciously deleted. I didn't get the chance to read the older ones and I found these to be quite helpful. :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks