Site for Sale

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Cookie, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

I am selling my site, www.Lymphomabasics.com, the domain name is going to be in an auction to the highest bidder, starting at 14,000, so, if anyone is interested please let me know. You will need to do the Google Anaylatics/Ads as that cannot be transferred over. Anyone wishing a nice little sideline, just PM me. Thanks.

I have owned it since, 2007.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Don, why don't you buy my site? The URL, the Domain name, the .com, is worth it. It won't be hard to sell. The appraisal is lots higher.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. Cookie

Cookie .

One thing I should tell you just in case, is that a lot of people, and, when I say alot, I mean volumes will write and ask questions in the comment section. It is tedious and time-consuming, and many times, I am looking in books, talking to my dr, or surfing the net looking for the answers. And, almost all, which is okay, but, the multitude of spammers, want to remain private. Ask Terry, about the spammers, it is non-stop. But, even given the nature of the site, it can be fun to do, learning how to do things, and, for me, I feel good if I can help someone out. That is why I started it. I wanted to do good.
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

So far, I got 1 plumber and 1 electrician/contractor interested. Both of their kids I helped with medical financial issues finding funding through the past 3 years. I am overwhelmed by their interest in wanting to payback and help others, too. :) You people are the greatest. We sometimes learn from others' experience.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  5. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

I already have to many websites.

I have been getting rid of many sites that I really don't need.

I hope you get the money that you want for it.

Beware of fake offers.
  6. Cookie

Cookie .

Hi Don, if you don't want I will understand, but, what sites do you have? Some people will buy domain names to resell or wait on offers for them without actually, building a site. I know someone who does that he has over 500 URL's. He does okay, too.

So far as mine, I know what you are saying, but, in these instances I know these people, I have visited their their kids while being treated, they are from my neck of the woods, and, thankfully, I am alittle savvy with funding and, was able to help with the expenses. I love doing that, finding, scholarships, or even making them. I made one for my husband after his death at our local private college where our sons attended, it is a renewable scholarship for the sciences. I can find them everywhere, and get them applied to kids expenses. So, it was so nice to be able to meet so many people like me or kids like me, and was able to help. Many from Terry's site. Good people.

These two people are great people not only because they have gone the distance, but because they care so much that they want to give back, how much better can you do than that in life. They both have met the price I have asked. I am thinking about it, it is a hard decision who to sell to. I love them both.
  7. DonL

I have a few sites, but no more for sale.

The last one I let go was worth under $5000

You can check your Website Worth at a few different web places.

This one gives a little info.

www.websitelooker.com/search.php?site=lymphomabasics.com

If you are paying for Google Analytics ?, then you may be getting ripped off. Or is the account turned off ?

What is the difference in "Anaylatics" and Analytics ?
  8. Cookie

Cookie .

What type do you own? If you want to say, I don't want to get nebby, lol. or it is, nebbie? lol. Medical sites depending on a few things, can appraise differently than, like for plumbing or home furnishings, etc. Call it the location of the neighborhood. :) No, I don't pay for that, and yes, it is still running. But, once, I sell it, they will have to apply for their own, to make their own ownings, etc. that is not to my knowledge transferrable. I have very little money, so, very little to get ripped off from. :)
  9. Cookie

Cookie .

WOW, that baby is off! lol. Even on how long I had it. I checked Terry's and, they are way off on his, too. :) You got to watch those sites Don, you cannot go by them.

Now, I got to get back to work here, to make more than 74 cents a day, :) I got RE work.
  10. DonL

It will only be correct if you have google-analytics on your site. Is that what you use ?

The web visit count is from the provider that seems to be GD.

Many people block google-analytics because of the ads. Then you can lose money. You do need to pay if you want to play.

The dates may be from the most recent renewal, or from when the domain was transferred last.
  11. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

Hi Cookie, I also have my own website under my own name, but these days, I just use it for email addresses.
    Good luck selling yours
  12. DonL

There is a lot of money in a site that is setup properly.

I never did get into the money making advertizing thing.

Terry has it together.

I wonder if Cookie comes with the site ?

She never did say.
  13. Cookie

Cookie .

Yeah, I am Lymphoma, baby. lol, that is my name and like Pee Wee Herman said, " don't wear it out."
  14. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

but his problem was he PULLED it out:p wink, wink (or was it wank wank?)
  15. Cookie

Cookie .

Yeah, that was pretty strange... ruined his future. You got to wonder why people do some really strange things; right now, Strange Addictions is on, tv. One woman has to eat deodrant, she has an addiction to it. I don't mean to laugh, I am sure it is some kind of mental illness, but, deodrant? I can't bring myself to eat brussel sprouts.
  16. Cookie

Cookie .

Nope, I don't come with it, but, Fred C Dobbs and all the proxies does. Enjoy!
  17. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The link you have is a little low for my site.
    Goggle says I had 387,782 visitors in the last seven days.
    If you make that 52 weeks, it's 20,164,664 for a years worth.

And mine isn't for sale. I like having it. and plan to have it a long time.
    Terry Love
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  18. Cookie

Cookie .

Yeah, it has me making 74 cents a day! ha ha ha ha ... it was funny. I told Don he can't trust those sites to be accurate.
  19. DonL

Yours is registered so hits are available to you thru your ISP. And it seems to make good income.

That site is just a best guess for the public, and I would guess that Terrylove.com is worth a bunch of money, Just by the details listed and the income from ads. It would help more if people turn off ad block.

What is Your max bid up to Cookie ?

Can I afford to ask ?
  20. Cookie

Cookie .

You got to remember Don that Terry's is a forum, not just site, he can do this, post back and forth, etc, mine is just a site, I get tons, (really i do) of comments asking things about Lymphoma, the treatments, cost of cancer, things of that nature, most want to be private and, I have no problem with that, I honor their wishes. Then, their are the spammers. Oh.... they can get under your skin. I understand people want to make a buck, but, I get lots and lots of spammers, you have to see them on Terry's here. I have dealings with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and we are discussing something kind of interesting for my site. I will let you know if I decide to act on it.

I have this strong belief in God, which has bugged some people, but, I really do not care, but, my one prayer every time I had to do treatments was, that I didn't have to sit with a child getting treatments. I never had to. To show my thanks, I do everything I can to help especially, kids with it. I do all the school programs, Pennies for Pasta, etc. Raise money, find scholarships, create scholarships, help in anyway possible. I love kids, and, I hate the big C.

My husband, Don, used to laugh because I would say, I didn't care if I had money or not, and, he was the same way; I didn't like what it could do to people, so, to be honest my friend, money doesn't matter to me. I only need enough to pay my bills and buy ink for my printer and fax. I wouldn't know what to do with it, and probably, would burn hole in my pocket giving it away. :) That would make me happy. It would go to helping kids.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013