Siphon break kit for washing machine drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

YZY11

Reaction score
Hi,

So recently thinking about adding a washing machine to my basement. Got the water supply figured out, now working on the drainage part.

Making things easy, there is a floor drain in the basement that I think I can drain the washing machine from. It will look something like the picture below.

That instruction I was reading mention the need for a siphon break kit (circled in blue). My question is regarding if it is really necessary.

What if I move the highest point of the drain tube (circle in red) a bit higher, to where the highest point is when draining throught a standpipe in the wall or a landry tub.

Will that solve the siphoning issue and elimate the need for the Siphon break kit?

1646268256415.png

1646268243513.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks