Sioux Chief Push-Tite Gasket Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

cpres

Reaction score
I also wanted to ask: What about an expansion flange? I am referring to where you insert the flange and tighten the inside screws so that the gasket expands inside the pipe. Would that be something that could work, or would the gasket still have issues sealing to the pipe?
upload_2015-12-7_0-32-19.png

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Usually, the lead pipe has a bend in it...when you insert that flange inside, it may be trying to go around the bend slightly. It doesn't take much, and that would constitute an out-of-round situation, and fail to seal properly. In trying to push it down, you may have been literally bending and reshaping the lead.

You were posting while I was...I think you'd have a similar issue with that expanding seal flange. Lead is quite malleable, while pvc and cast iron or abs, are all pretty rigid, so the pressure from trying to make the seal won't make them deform (permanently).

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you are doing remodel work, opening up the basement ceiling should be the least of issues. There is one thing you want to be sure of, and that it that it is done correctly so that you won't have to tear anything back apart AFTER the remodel is complete.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks