Sioux Chief Copper or Uponor EP Valved Manifold

Users who are viewing this thread

TvilleRider

Reaction score
For a homerun system, are there recommendations on which manifolds to use with Aquapex? The copper with brass valves appear to be more robust but maybe it doesn't matter all that much. The valved EP manifolds are a bit more expensive than the Sioux Chiefs with the same number of branches but not enough to be of concern. Also, coming out of the tankless water heater coil, the manifold will be approximately 3 feet above the coil outlet. The copper could transition to the EP manifold, but the copper pipe from the coil would transition nice into the copper manifold. The feed water will pass through a calcite neutralizer before it feeds the water heater and manifolds.

TvilleRider

Reaction score
I did see the other products from Sioux Chief as well. On the hot water side, I would be feeding it with copper. On the cold water feed, I am coming out of a neutralizer and could feed it with PEX or Cu, I haven't decided yet.

I was thinking the same regarding the removal of PEX if needed. I think it could be done on the EP manifolds as well but you would have to be more careful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd Jamison

Reaction score
I used a couple 8 port multiport tees from Uponor. They were about $30 each and I've had ZERO issues for over a year. The couplers in the photo were due to removing a manabloc I had in place that kept leaking due to compression connections on the hot side loosening over time. My system is 100% Uponor now and I couldn't be happier. I can't vouch for Sioux Chief other than when comparing both products at our supply house, the Uponor stuff appeared to be better made.

uponor_manifold_pic.jpg

IMG_7611.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks