Sioux Cheif compression closet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I have installed a Sioux Chief compression flange inside a 3" san pipe which of course shrunk my inside dimension to less than 3 inches. My problem is I install a no seep No. 1 wax ring, but the plastic flange is too wide. Should i trim the plastic flange with a razor blade or is there a wax ring that would fit this closet flange? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You made 2 mistakes. You should never use an inside fitting flange on a 3" pipe. As you noted, that cuts down the diameter of the drain considerably. Second error. Never use a wax ring with the plastic funnel. These cause more problems than they ever cure. Even if you get a good seal, there is reason for concern because of the inside fitting flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks