Sink w/tiny cracks in bottom. Repairable?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by grrr, Jun 23, 2010.

1. grrr

grrr New Member

I have a tan-yellow one-piece molded bathroom counter/sink that may be original for my house (1956) which has tiny visible surface cracks in the bottom of the sink. I'm guessing there's no fix for this but thought I'd ask. Can these be polished out?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

I think you're SOL, it would probably cost a lot more then the price of the sink if you coould find someone to do it, sorry
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The ones around the drain usually go all the way through the material.
  4. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

If you want to save the countertop, you can see if there are any cultured marble refinishing companies in you area who will make a new acrylic sink to fit over your current one. Otherwise, just replace it all and be done with it.
  5. grrr

grrr New Member

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it.