sink issue...floor adjustment

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pman, Oct 12, 2004.

1. pman

pman New Member

good morning,
    i plumbed for a pedestal sink prior to learning i need to self level floor. if self leveler adds and inch to the floor do i need to raise the ptrap?/drain or the water valves?? this would not be ideal since the walls are being tiled today. tks peter
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sink

There is no problem with the water pipes. The drain would only have to be raised if the pedestal opening for the drain does not extend all the way to the floor, and you opening in the wall is not high enough to permit the trap to be installed in it.