Sink drain with straight pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Merr203

Reaction score
Hi... Probably a dumb question, I've been at this all day & not thinking clearly. I'm trying to tie a kitchen sink trap into an existing drain & just wanted to know if the pic below is legal, code-wise, or would it leak? It would drain from left to right & tie in with the abs fitting.

I don't remember whether that pipe, cut at both ends would work or if I need to get one with a flange on the inlet.
1pjevCX.jpg

Merr203

Reaction score
Yes it came as part of a disposal kit. I ended up cutting both ends of that one piece by mistake. I actually do have that middle piece in Terry's pic -- that's the not thinking clearly part...

I guess it was a general question -- can you cut both ends of a pipe (to use with slip joints) or is it really only meant to be at the outlet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks