Single Vanity to Double with single waste line - help?

Users who are viewing this thread

OllieB

Reaction score
So, I'm re-modeling the master bathroom. The demolition exposed a few hiccups to my plans pretty early on. Most of them were easy enough to overcome, but this one is a little tricky.

There was a single sink vanity in place. As can be seen, the waste line and water line came directly through the floor. I had to remove a large piece of floor about 3 feet away, to get access to the shower plumbing. During this time, I peaked across and saw that the waste line for the vanity turned out to the exterior wall (its actually shared as it's a townhouse) and the vent line ran up that wall to the roof. So whew..at least its vented. My issue is, there is little to no room to rip out the sub floor and re-plumb a secondary waste line, there's a lot of stuff jammed in this area.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to connect the two sinks, and drain them effectively. A double vanity was pretty much the main point to this vanity, so it HAS to happen. So, my question is what is the best way I can tie these two sinks in and drain to the existing single waste line in the floor. I've attached a picture of the condition below.

Any tips would be great. Diagrams even better.

Attachments

• IMG_0089 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0089 - Copy.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 380

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would use a double fixture cross with an AAV above it. That would vent the two lavs.
The vent below is doing nothing for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks