single handle delta kitchen faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by higgledy, Apr 24, 2011.

1. higgledy

higgledy Member

I replaced the ball in my single handle delta kitchen faucet. But I think I used the incorrect ball, the handle does move equal distance to the hot as it does to the cold. Yeah, I know I am a complete plumbing amateur.

Does anyone know how to tell the Delta model from the Delta base? Thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is only ONE ball, but you may have twisted the body when you removed the cap, Does the handle point towards one side when you turn it off?
  3. higgledy

higgledy Member

No, when shut off, the handle is down and on center. The weird thing is that when the hot is on it seems to be full on.
  4. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

the slot on the ball needs to match up delta is all the same.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The handles movement is controlled by the opening in the "cam", NOT the ball.