simple yet confusing

Users who are viewing this thread

garz

Reaction score
I recently installed a Glacier Bay faucet in my apartment bathroom which my new site manager found in a storage room. The faucet was in a box but was missing a one of the handle valve stems and the tightening nut. I purchased two new valve stems (1 hot/1 cold) and located a tightening nut. After installing the faucet and placing the two new valve stems in the closed postion, I turned the water on at the wall and even though the valves are turned off, I still have water running through the faucet from both sides. Not very much but a continuous stream.

Im stumped. Please advise.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Don't know what kind of faucet from Glacer Bay your talking about.
Can you send a pic.?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Two things come to mind: Either the stems are not the right ones or you are missing the rubber seats (if this faucet has them). From my experience, faucets with stem valves have the seats (and springs) and faucets with expensive cartridges do not. Try installing the old valve stem that you have and see if that side stops leaking.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks