Simple? Washer replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

INXS7144

Reaction score
Fawcett2.jpgFirst of all I'm not a plumber I'm a carpet installer so try and keep answers simple. LOL

Okay I need to replace a washer in my bathroom sink. Problem is I cannot get at it!
It looks like a Moen Teleford fawcett but isn't. I'll explain what it looks like;
Basically a T shape with the top of T off center. The stem goes into a cup (upside down) which I need to to get off!
Now the whole setup are all separate parts. Each end of top (horizontle bar) come off, and it seems that is separate from the (verticle) stem. But although the whole thing seems to come apart I just cannot figure how to get top bar of "T" off. There are no screws anywhere or an allen wrench nut that might go into top to get it off.

Also... The hot water spiget (T), cold water (T) and water fawcett itself are alll seperate! There is NO base.
(This was a homemade setup, I guess).

If anyone can help me out or if u need more info just ask. I can take a pic with my phone and send it to you if this helps.
I am TOTALLY at a loss!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture, and you may get some help...otherwise, it's just a shot in the dark.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The handle looks like a Kohler and if so, the end of the handle unscrews and there is a bolt inside holding the "T" handle on. Then there is second bolt holding the "cup" to the faucet. However, there is NO washer, you have to change the entire stem cartridge.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks